The Cannabis Debate
Voices From the Edge
The ExCollege presents an interactive panel of experts to examine the brave new world of cannabis.
Friday, March 29, 2019
12:00-3:30pm, Distler Hall
20 Talbot Ave., Medford
The Cannabis Debate will feature professionals and scholars from a range of backgrounds, including health, science, law enforcement, criminal justice, entrepreneurship, and government regulation. Together, they will explore cannabis as a sociocultural, medical, legal, and political phenomenon.
- Ernest Anemone: Attorney, Advisor for the Cannabis Industry; Co-instructor of the current ExCollege course, The Cannabis Debate: The Intersection of Science, Culture, and the Law
- Rachael Rollins: Suffolk County District Attorney
- Shaleen Title: Commissioner, Massachusetts Cannabis Control Commission
- John de la Parra: Ethnobotany Research Scientist, MIT Associate of the Harvard University Herbaria; Co-instructor of the current ExCollege course, The Cannabis Debate: The Intersection of Science, Culture, and the Law
- Aja N. Atwood: CEO and Co-Founder, Trella Technologies, LLC
- Andrea James: National Council for Incarcerated & Formerly Incarcerated Women and Girls
- Dustin Sulak: Director, Integr8 Health; Co-founder, Healer.com
- David Art: Professor of Comparative Politics, Tufts University
The event features a two-hour panel and two breakout sessions, in which speakers will host smaller discussions with attendees.
- Interactive Panel: 12:00pm-2:00pm
- Breakout Session 1: 2:15pm-2:45pm
- Breakout Session 2: 2:50pm-3:20pm
This is the fifth and final installment of the Voices from the Edge lecture series, made possible by the generosity of Sarah and Tom Janover.